Presenter: Larry Perkins, Ph.D. (Best Board Practices Presenter; InTrust governance facilitator; President Emeritus, Northwest Baptist Seminary)
This series of webinars is for individuals serving as chairpersons for church boards. Participation in the webinars will enhance a person’s understanding of and competence in chairing church boards. The registration in the webinars is limited to ten people (based upon date of registration and payment received).
Cost: $45 for three webinars.
Pre-registration required – Please use the form below.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until payment is received.
Webinar Schedule for Spring 2013:
Webinar # 1:
Date and Time: Thursday, January 31, 2013 – from 6:30 – 7:30pm PST
Topic: Governance, the Church Board and the Congregation
- Defining Governance in the context of a local church
- Defining the role of a church board as a governing board – Carver, Malphurs, Olson, Osborne, Hotchkiss, Stahlke — Perkins
- Governance models and their value
- Organizational “place” and “identity”.
Webinar # 2:
Date and Time: Thursday, February 28, 2013 – from 6:30 – 7:30pm PST
Topic: Church and Church Boards – the “Big Picture”
- The context of the church – mission, values, leadership principles and services – church board as ministry team and strategic leadership team
- Five Key Constituencies –
- Three Key Domains
- Seven Core Principles and Practices
Webinar # 3:
Date and Time: Thursday, March 28, 2013 – from 6:30 – 7:30pm PST
- The Board Chair – Leading the Strategic Leadership Team
- The Church Board as “Ministry Team”
- The Church Board as “Strategic Leadership Team”
- The Church Board as “Stewards of a Trust – Governance”
- The Church Board as “non-profit charity board”
- Board organization, board operations, board education, board assessment, board renewal, board discipline, board spirituality.
- Separate headphone for audio interaction (built-in microphones pick up too much noise)
- We use Adobe Connect 9.
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Microsoft® Windows® XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8; 2GHz Pentium 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Windows Vista®
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended) for Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8; 1GB of RAM (2GB recommended) for Windows Vista
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- No Adobe Connect Add-in support for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard). Users on Leopard can attend meetings in the browser.*
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
Reminder: Registration is not complete until payment has been made.